Friday, January 25, 2008

Kevin, the *mobile* boyfriend

Yes, you read it right. I have a "mobile" boyfriend. January 24, 2008. He is Kevin.

AND Yes, for the lack of an appropriate symbolism for the relationship's origin I chose "mobile" to distinctly relate it to having a "cyber" boyfriend. I just don't know how to call it since I believe that the word cyber refers to the World Wide Web World and not a product of technology such as a mobile phone.

It's uncanny coz it may be misunderstood as the ability to transport one's boyfriend from one place to another to wherever I wanna have him go like he was a cellular phone, albeit he is capable of moving as a living creature.

So it was yesterday that I gave in to Kevin's fancy mind of wanting us "officially" together. And I chose the 24th being my birth date too. Nothing eccentric with the number or the forthcoming monthsaries or whatever may happen but simply the thought of it. With this change Kevin has been texting more often and has not been at ease since. He said that he wasn't used with me not sending SMS that often whilst I ran out of load and was not in the mood to spend. And the last message I got from him tonight was "Akin ka lang" (You are mine alone). Anyway, as soon as I arrived home  I have registered for unlimited texting and sent the message away.

Having him was amusing (he's only 19 probably turning 20, graduating from Nursing this semester) as he sends sparks of smile on my face and shock waves to my Limbic System (this is the part of the brain that appears to be most directly involved in human emotion-regulation problems). He fulfills the fantasy of having to wake up each morning with a "steaming-hot" breakfast in bed (kidding coz we're not living together) and a sweet thought via SMS.Those sweet nothings throughout the day via SMS.

Kevin will be waking up in a few hours from now and I have yet to snooze.

0 comments: